Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Tenth Car - First one after I got out of the Air Force in 1972.

This was my tenth car. 1972 "Heavy Chevy" Chevelle. I purchased it soon after I got out of the Air Force in 1972. It was kewl and fast. Really fast. It was plane Jane with vinyl seats and floor mats. Automatic transmission with the special 400 engine. I even scared myself in this car let alone my passengers.
 Introduced the middle of 1971. It's built around a Chevelle Sport Coupe. You got a special understated black grille. A domed hood with lock pins. Special side striping and 14" X 6" rally-type wheels with special center caps and bright lug nuts. It was available only with a V8 engine (you wouldn't want it any other way). The Turbo-Fire 307 standard, but you could order from three others including the Turbo-Jet 400. Which was the largest and of course that is what I got. If that seems like a large choice, it is. But you know how it's fun to be choosy when you buy a new car.  I also got the positraction rear axle and power disc/drum brakes. It was just a cool fast car as I said and was cheaper than the Chevelle SS (Super Sport) and just as fast. And I mean fast. Just wanted yall to see this good ole car...yall have a good day now ya heah....God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment