Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Ninth Car - 1966 Dodge Charger...got this on out of sequence..how could I foret this one.

This was my ninth car...I almost forgot about it...how could I forget about this one..I purchased it just before I got out of the Air Force in 1972. I was stationed at Moody Air Force Base in Valdosta Georgia..I saw this sitting in a yard with a for sale sign on it and out of curiosity I stopped just to see what they wanted for it. To my surprise the price was only $200.00. But it did come with a catch. It did not have a title...in Georgia you did not need a title for a car until 1963 but this car was abandoned. Probably because of all the military moving in and out of the area...but I took on the task of getting it titled in Georgia...which was no easy endeavor...I had to got to the Sheriffs office and they took the VIN number and had to run a check on it and after a six month waiting period I had to take it back and the officials had to stamp a new serial number on it...after almost a year of exhausting red tape I managed to get a tile for it....it was definitely a Hot Rod...I drove it hard and it gave me good service under my heavy foot...will the cherish the memories, good and bad, while I owned this KEWL car....yall take care now ya heah...God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment