Total Pageviews

Friday, November 16, 2012

Update on Bike as of Nov. 16, 2012 - So I bit the bullet and removed the carbs again. I had ordered new jets for both carbs and replace them. I also added a spring on top of the sliders to help with the idling issue I have had. When these carbs first came out, the Bing CV carbs, they did not come with this spring. The sliders work on vacuum and they depend on a good vacuum to return them to the idle position. In later years BMW added these springs to correct the fact that the right amount of vacuum was not always the same especially after the sliders ware a little. Anyway I replaced all the jets and added these springs and the reinstalled the carbs. Wow what a difference. It starts and idles great now. I was tempted the buy new carbs until I found out the cost of them. They are over five hundred bucks each. So I just rebuilt the ones I have for a cost of less than two hundred for both. A huge savings and it runs like a BMW should now. Going to ride it this weekend end if all works out ok and weather permitting. Yall have a good day now. Ya hear. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment