Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Fourth and final car of my High School Years

This 1949 Plymouth Coupe was my fourth and final car of my High School Years. It was a flathead straight six with three speed on the column. A good dependable car. Had no problems with this car at all and it got me any where I wanted to go. It was not the coolest car anyone had but hey...I was not the coolest guy either so no problem.

I did not use this car for my senior prom though. I and my brother took his car. Now is was cool. It was a 1960 Skyliner Ford Convertible. The only draw back was that I had to take my dates brother along with us. Apparently her father either did not trust her daughter with me or was it he did not trust me. I will let you guess which way it was . Haha.

Just wanted to share this old car with you. Fond memories of it and one I used as passage to adult hood. Well at least I thought I was an adult back then. Really do not know what happened to it after I graduated and went off to the Air Force. I was too busy learning the facts of life at that time I guess.

Yall have a good day now...yah heah!! And God Bless you and God Bless America.

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to look back on the good old days, and reflect on how much fun you had! Your Plymouth definitely gave you a lot of memories to cherish. Well, I think that is why we are fond of our old cars. There are a lot of memories attached to it. Whether they are good memories or not, I’m sure they are worth remembering. After all, whatever happened in the past helped in shaping the kind of people we are today.

    -Timmy Radloff

    ReplyDelete